Language Laboratory Development
(Consultancy completed July 1998)
Feedback/ Comments Form
|The primary objective of this (A.5) component is to provide the DSE with an affective, flexible, and appropriate language laboratory model which will enable teachers in SMUs to enhance their language teaching flexibility and personal language skills, while stimulating enhanced learner motivation through the appropriate application of technology. Specific objectives include the following:|
Process expectations of the consultancy:
- To develop a language laboratory model which can be adapted to meet the requirements of the three main school classifications (A, B, and C)
- To identify and list the minimum spare parts requirements for on-site maintenance.
- To develop language laboratory operational and maintenance procedures manuals.
- To provide assistance with the ongoing tecnician training courses
- To provide language laboratory equipment specifications and costings
- To produce a final report, to be approved by the Director of DSE and Project Coordinator (in both English and Bahasa Indonesia), which will enable the DSE to provide clear directives for the development of language laboratories in SMUs .
- Assess the current state of the existing language laboratories in SMUs by reviewing existing school data, and conducting personal visits to SMUs (Senior High Schools) in various regions (meeting with principals and teachers)
- Investigate facilities at PPPG Bahasa, leading private language courses, some university language units, and local authorities.
- Identify appropriate new trends in language training, including the availability of hardware and software.
Learning Systems Institute